In this week’s episode of the Full Production show, I talk with my first Cobar local, Jade Buckman. I’ve known Jade since he was painting handrails at the CSA copper mine in high school. Now, he’s the metallurgy manager at CBH Resources Limited in Cobar, and he’s got a lot to say about the industry and where it’s heading.
Here, we speak about how having experienced mill operators on-site can really benefit your operation. We also touch on why it pays to plan your recruitment in advance and making sure you allow adequate time for getting your new recruits trained up. So, if you’re interested in how to ensure that your projects have a strong foundation from the get-go, then be sure to listen to this episode of Full Production.
We also get into all of this:
- Cycles in mining and how to best prepare for downturns and upswings
- The benefits of working your way up the ladder in organisations
- Why moving to QLD was one of the best things that Jade ever did
- Jade’s learning curve when moving from a small mining operation to a larger one
- How you can apply large-scale mine systems and processes to smaller operations
- The impacts that FIFO work has on young families
- The power that mines have to sustain and bring together communities
- How Jade was lucky to recruit experienced mill operators during an upswing
- The role that humour and creativity have on-site
- Jade’s charity ride covering 390 km