Working with family can be a challenging and rewarding approach to running a business, and there is no better feeling than seeing your family name delivering quality, high level of service to business across Australia.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
On today’s episode of Full Production I have a chat with Chris Clark from DCT live at the Worthy Parts Industry Link – Expo & Auction in Kalgoorlie. DCT has been providing quality parts and service solutions to the Earthmoving and Mining Industry since 1963. DCT is a true blue family business that was founded by Chris’ grandfather Don Clark.
Chris shares with us the family history of DCT, the way they are expanding the business, how to get the most out of staff, the ups and downs of being a perfectionist and the expansion of DCT.
In this episode we also discussed:
- Chris’ start in the family business
- The roles each family member has across DCT
- Selling your business ideas to others
- Leaving a legacy for your kids
- Building relationships and finding ‘good’ clients
- Finding work/life balance and why it can be a struggle
- Where the future will take DCT
- What excites Chris about working in the mining industry
- The ups and downs of the mining industry
- The characters that are found all across the mining industry