You can spend your life coasting on the waves that come your way, or find out what you’re really made of and dig deep to live a life that others will want to emulate.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
This week is a bit of a switch-up, with me speaking as a guest on the Inner Chief Podcast with Greg Layton. It’s a massively popular podcast about success in the business world and how to be a great leader.
Greg gets under my skin as we talked a lot about the mining industry and how I got to where I am today with FACE Contracting.
We also talk about:
- What it’s like growing up in rural Australia
- Why the terrible jobs my dad made me do as a kid were invaluable lessons
- How financial success at 17 years old nearly ruined me, and what I learned from it
- Leading by example
- Taking time to learn the hopes and dreams of your employees
- The difference between real and BS values in your business
- My disdain for the ‘numbers game’ in mining
- Being present and finding real connection — a rare phenomenon these days