On this week’s episode of Full Production, I’m speaking with an old mate of mine, general manager of Minstaff Survey, Jake Laing. Based in the Toowoomba office Jake is responsible for all recruitment, client relationships, controlling the company’s financial position and the administering Minstaff Survey’s integrated management system. Jake has a Bachelor of Business from the University of Southern Queensland and a good amount of experience under his belt.
Our chat takes us through Jake’s early days, his education, and successes in his career so far. It was a really good conversation and gets to the heart of a number of relevant issues. Things like how technology is changing the industry, the challenge in maintaining the right balance of employee relationships, creating a good work environment, and how to best serve clients.
Tune in for our chat that also covers:
- Lessons Jake learned from his background in sport
- Minstaff, what it is and what sets it apart
- How Jake has grown his business
- The importance of listening to day to day perspectives
- Technological innovations in the survey industry
- What excites Jake about the industry
- Challenges presented by data collection and utilization
- How Jake approaches managing resources
- Thoughts on deliverable pricing
- Surveying industry trends, what’s coming in the future
- Jakes approach to managing employee relationships