A new generation of miners requires a new way of approaching the mining industry, one that puts people above profit.
Each Wednesday, join Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as he navigates the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in anyway — whether you’re a lifer or a high school student looking to make the leap — Full Production is the perfect podcast for you.
On this week’s episode, I speak to a good friend of mine, Daniel Milford. Daniel is Managing Director of Chironix, a Perth-based company that is looking to use technology like machine learning, data engineering and robotics to innovate industries around Australia and the world.
It’s a fascinating talk about rapidly evolving technology and what it can do for us. A lot of people are nervous when they hear about AI, and with good reason. But Daniel has some great insights into how we can responsibly use these new and exciting technologies to make our lives better.
Here’s some other things we chat about:
- How businesses can use machine learning to their benefit
- Google Glass and how it fits into our industry
- What Daniel’s experience in the military taught him about innovation
- Why people are resistant to technology and how to move past it
- The benefit of emotional intelligence in the tech field
- How Australia can use tech to wield power on the world stage
- What younger generations can teach us about how we do business
- The ethics of new tech