In this episode of Full Production we dig deep into the world of financial planning. The mining industry is filled with people that can be bringing in some serious cash. What to do with your finances is usually something that isn’t thought about. Amid the long hours, stressful work and much needed downtime, it can be put on the back burner. Which is one of the reasons we have Andrew Hartshorn on deck to give some insight into why planning your finances is a smart move.
Andrew is a financial planner who was thrust into his field when he suffered a debilitating motorbike injury. Paralyzed from the chest down, his life was secured by some wise financial planning that he had done. He was able to retire at 25, and since has been preaching the gospel of financial planning to young (and often irresponsible) professionals.
Whether young or old, this episode is going to be useful to you. Andrew is a warm soul who has a fantastic and humorous outlook on life, as well as plenty of golden advice for those looking to become financially secure.
In this episode we chat about:
- How Andrew’s injury forced him to reevaluate his life
- The importance of starting early when it comes to financial planning
- Why a small fee to a financial advisor can pay big dividends in the future
- How you can still buy the things you want while saving for retirement
- The importance of a positive mental attitude
- Why you don’t need as much as you think you do for retirement
- How those in the mining industry are particularly vulnerable to downswings
- Why financial planning is a ticket to freedom